Classic first-person-shooter engine for all classical Id games
GZDoom is a source port for the modern era, supporting current hardware and operating systems and sporting a vast array of user options. Make Doom your own again!
In addition to Doom, GZDoom supports Heretic, Hexen, Strife, Chex Quest, and fan-created games like Harmony and Hacx. Meet the entire idTech 1 family!
Experience mind-bending user-created mods, made possible by ZDoom's advanced mapping features and the new ZScript language. Or make a mod of your own!
- Can play all Doom engine games, including Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Heretic, Hexen, Strife, and more
- Supports all the editing features of Hexen. (ACS, hubs, new map format, etc.)
- Supports most of the Boom editing features
- Features complete translations of Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Strife and other games into over ten different languages with Unicode support for Latin, Cyrillic, and Hangul so far
- All Doom limits are gone
- Several softsynths for MUS and MIDI playback, including an OPL softsynth for an authentic “oldschool” flavor
- High resolutions
- Quake-style console and key bindings
- Free look (look up/down)
- Jumping, crouching, swimming, and flying
- Up to 8 player network games using UDP/IP, including team-based gameplay
- Support for the Bloodbath announcer from the classic Monolith game Blood
- Walk over/under monsters and other things
Commercial data files are required to run the supported games. For more info about all supported games and their data files, see: Help -> List of supported games.
With Flatpak, all file-access is restricted to ~/.var/app/org.zdoom.GZDoom/.config/gzdoom for privacy reasons. You'll have to manually place your IWADs and PWADS there, or you should use an application like Flatseal to give GZDoom additional permissions.
Changes in version 4.10.0
Installs over time
Make sure to follow the setup guide before installing